Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Will Give You Rest

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11: 27-29

You may have noticed my absence the last few days, and yes, I was one of the thousands who found a chair, some sand, and a good book.  And the rest was history!  My family set off for a great weekend in St Augustine, Florida, where we spent the majority of our time at the pool.  I hope that you and your family celebrated the weekend together as well!
My husband, who usually can't stop thinking about work, thanked me for planning this weekend vacation.  He said his mind needed to rest from all the stresses at work for just a little while.  This reminded me of Matthew 11:27-29 and the promises of God to give us rest.
Exodus 33: 14 says, "....My presence will go with you, and I (God) will give you rest."  I believe that even God knew the value of rest.  Even He rested on the 7th day!  Rest can be valuable for your body as well as your mind.  Your body, while built to last for many years, still needs rest.  Each night our bodies desire that much needed break whether a quick rest on the couch or even a good night's sleep in the bed!  Our minds also desire rest.  So many thoughts, worries, plans, and more race through our minds everyday.  So much gets crammed in at such speed that many times we struggle to remember it all!  If you are like me, I have many post-it notes and 2 calendars to help me remember it all.  Plus I have my husband who also tries to help me remember!
I hope that this summer you will take time to not only spend time with your family, but also to rest.  Find time to rest in whatever way works for you!  Lay on the couch with a good book or spend time in the tub with relaxing music while the door is locked for some much needed rest!  

No comments:

Post a Comment