Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cry Out to the Lord

"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice." Psalm 55:17


I look around me day to day and see people hurting or lives in devastation.  I have friends whose marriages are in turmoil, whose hearts are broken, and whose children are suffering.  I have been diligently praying for a friend and her family who has a child with a brain tumor.  He is one of the sweetest little boys with a love of all things Buzz Lightyear and Lightning McQueen (Disney movies)! As I have gotten to know this family, I have been struck by my friend's complete trust in the Lord even in these dark days for her son.  I have been in awe of her as she struggles day to day with exhaustion and yet manages to have the joy and peace knowing that God will give her what she needs to get through each day.  It has become apparent that this sweet child's life here on earth will be short-lived yet his impact will be felt for years.  He has already taught me so much, and I am so thankful that God allowed me to share a glimpse into this family's life.  
I have often said that I will never understand how people without God are able to stand in the darkest of valleys.  I am so thankful that the Lord, the God of all comforts, gives us Psalm 55:17 to remind us that he will hear my voice when I cry out to Him.  In the darkest of days, my Lord will still be there and will hear my prayers and my cry to Him.  
Think about the valley that you may be in right now.  Have you prayed and cried out to the Lord?  Are you afraid He won't hear you?  Read aloud Psalm 55:17 and allow God to comfort you and bring you out of the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment