Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Proverbs 31:28-29 -- "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also and he praises her: 'Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.'"

As a work-from-home Mom, I find it hard to prioritize my day.  From maid to grocery shopper to actual work to being Mommy, where do I begin and end?  I will be honest and say that I hate to clean my house so it will almost always fall down the priority list, but sometimes I feel like I have run around all day and still have so much more to accomplish before the sun goes down.  Do you ever feel like that?  Most days, by the time my husband arrives home, I am so tired that I have nothing left to give him.  No time, no affection, and no meaningful conversation.  It seems many times our conversations at dinner surround what appointments and duties we have for the next day.
One priority that hardly ever makes my list is Me.  I find that most days I am shuffling my daughter to and from school and after school activities, buying groceries, picking up/dropping off my husband's dry cleaning, and trying to straighten up the house just in case someone from the neighborhood drops by.  There is little time for Me.  When I do get a chance to have a day to myself to go shopping, I find myself roaming the children's stores.  I will spend more time shopping for my daughter than myself, but I think that I am not alone here.  My attention is almost always on someone else.
I love Mother's Day for this reason.  It is a day to celebrate ME!  Now do not sit there and act like you could care less about being celebrated.  Every woman loves to be showered with adoration, encouragement, and affection.  I think Proverbs 31:28-29 is a great affirmation for celebrating Mother's Day!  God said for our children and husband to celebrate and adore you and all the work you do for your household.  How cool is that!
So this Mother's Day, I hope that you are showered with adoration, affection, and encouragement from your children and your husband!  I pray that you take the day to celebrate your value to your family!

1 comment:

  1. This post brings back a special memory..love the verse!:D Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete