Saturday, May 21, 2011

Looking Back and Saying Thanks

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."  Romans 15:5-6

As my daughter's year in Kindergarten comes to an end, I can't help but look back at how far she has come.  Our family moved to a new city last June.  My daughter was very hesitant, to say the least, to start school with a room full of children she had never met.  We had prayed since our move that God would give us peace and encouragement along the way as our journey was filled with anxiousness.  Upon meeting Alex's teacher that first day, I knew our prayers had been answered.
I look back now as the year comes to a close and I can't help but be thankful and praise God for his provision.  I know without a doubt that God led us in this journey.  I can only hope that we have given Him the praises He deserves along the way.
Along this year long journey, I hope that my family has been an example of "endurance and encouragement" and that God received all the glory along the way.  I am so proud to say that while the journey has not been easy (and it's not over), God has provided beyond our expectations.  Praise God whom all blessings flow!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great scipture and life application! God is truly AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete