Thursday, June 2, 2011

Have You Given HIM Joy?

"Surely you have granted him unending blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence." Psalm 21:6

I came across this verse and I had to stop and dwell on it a few minutes.  I thought back on my busy life the last couple of weeks -- the end of school, our mini vacation, and even Alex's birthday party just to name a few.  Did I stop amongst the business of my life to even make time for the Lord?  Did I make the Lord "glad with the joy of [my] presence?"
I truly believe that this day in time is on of the busiest for families.  From work and school to ball games or dance lessons, our families are running from one place to another each and every day it seems.  The joke is that summer is supposed to be a time of relaxation and rest; however, many of us are still on the roads, still busy with the activities of life.  I know in my own life that I struggle with time management.  I struggle with making time for the priorities in my life.  Sadly, as I get busy during the day my time spent with God usually can shift to the back burner quickly.  If you are like me, I usually put my own priorities behind everyone else's needs.  So Mama takes care of everyone else before herself.  This is one example of when Satan can come and start chipping away at your day or your time so that you start to neglect the things of God.  One day turns into two.  One week turns into two weeks and so on.
I think about Psalm 21:6 and I break it into two parts.  First, have I granted God "unending blessings" today? Have I blessed Him or even praised Him for His provisions?  I cannot help but stop and begin to think about my blessings today and start thanking the Lord for his blessings.  I hope that I have been a blessing to Him today!
Then I ponder the latter part of the verse more.  "....made him glad with the joy of your presence."  Dictionary.com says the definition of Joy is "the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation."  Wow!  When you put it that way, I am suddenly unsure if I could ever bring great delight or happiness to the Lord.  Am I living my life in a way that brings Him Joy?
What about you?  Have you given Him joy lately?  Has your life brought him the emotion of great delight lately?  Has the Lord found pleasure in your presence?  If not, I pray that you make it right with the Lord today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment