Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Being Patient

"The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness.  Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."  2 Peter 3:9

I cannot tell you how many times I have prayed to the Lord about a certain person or situation and had to wait for an answer.  I would like to tell you that I waited patiently each time; however, I know I did not.  I believe that many of you have felt the same way.  God does not always answer our prayers right away, and many times we are found waiting.  If we are not strong in our faith or lack the patience God requires, we begin to doubt that God is listening to our prayers or doesn't even care.  This is so far from the truth.  God hears each and every prayer.  Not only does He hear our prayers but He listens.  He listens with an open heart.  He may not answer our prayers right away nor may He answer our prayers the way we want Him too; however, this does not mean that He does not care or does not listen.
I am so thankful for this verse in 2 Peter.  The Lord is not slow but instead He is patient with us!  Thank You Lord!  Many times I have a problem with patience and being patient with the Lord.  Yet the Lord is patient with us!  He is patient when we go against His promises.  He is patient when we try to run from Him.  He is patient when we seek our own ways instead of His.  He is a patient, loving God.  Thank Him today for His patience with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment