Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Comforter

"You are my Comforter in sorrow, my heart is faint within me." Jeremiah 8:18

Today my heart is heavy.  My friends, Rob and Kelly McCormick, held onto their little boy for the last time watching as he took his last breath here on earth.  My heart is broken for their pain and sorrow yet I cling to God's promises that He will be my Comforter in times of sorrow!
I believe that God understands sorrow quite well.  I believe that God felt sorrow as Christ was crucified on the cross.  It is because He felt the pain and sorrow of death that He can be the God of all Comforts that we need here on earth.
I admire Kelly and her strength these past few months as she cared for Peyton, and even in the past couple of days as she prepared to say goodbye.  Since we met earlier this year, Kelly has stood on the promise that God has a plan for Peyton's life.  When she found out she was pregnant in the midst of Peyton's battle, she still was determined to cling to the promise of Jeremiah 29:11 each day.  As I watched Kelly each day, my faith began to grow stronger.  As I heard the news of Peyton's passing yesterday, I could hear Kelly reciting the words of Jeremiah 29:11 in my mind.
So today, please remember this family and pray for them in the days and weeks ahead.  May you find comfort and strength in the Lord in your own lives!  I pray that Peyton's story stays with you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment