Monday, August 15, 2011

You are a Sinner!

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  Romans 3:23

I had the privilege of working with some AWANA kids at church last night and this was one verse we went over.  I got to also talk with the small group about what this verse means.  It is amazing to know that at only 6 years old many of them already knew what Sin meant and who was the only perfect, sinless person who ever walked this earth.
In the last week, my own daughter has begun to ask questions about being saved and being baptized.  While this is something I don't want to be pushy on, I can't tell you how excited my heart was to know that she was having these questions!  In her 6 year old mind, she understands sin and how Jesus was sinless.  She is fascinated with the idea of baptism and loves to watch others being baptized.
This verse came to mind this week as she and I talked.  I also love, love, love the children's book by Stormie O'Martian called "The Prayer That Makes God Smile."  It is a great book for children and helps them understand the sinner's prayer.
As I reflect on this verse, I realize that most days I walk through this life with little thought on how my sin separates me from God.  I struggle with self-awareness of my sins yet this verse helps me to see my own sins more closely.  I think that starting each day reciting this verse would help me be more aware as I walk through my day.  Then to turn around and recite John 3:16!  What a way to start my day!

How do you start your day?  Do you recite a verse?  I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment