Wednesday, August 10, 2011

God is Our Refuge

"....God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble."  Psalm 46:1

Is anyone else just automatically comforted by that verse?  Every time I read it I feel peace and joy washes over me.  My God is ever-present!  My God is my strength!  My God is my refuge!  Glory Hallelujah!!!
If you ever turn on the television, you can see the violence, the deterioration of our world through sin.  You can see those who are starving for a bite to eat.  You can hear stories and see images of those hurting or mourning.  If you turn on your computer and open up your Facebook, you can read the statuses of your friends who are hurting or in a battle with sin.  Many of you even know people who are in bad health or even battling for their lives.  Yet with all the "bad" that is out there, God tells us assuredly that He is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble.  He, alone, can shoulder all of our health problems.  He, alone, can lift heavy burdens.  He, alone, can defeat the enemy.  He, alone, can help us in times of trouble.  What does He require of us?  Our faith and trust in Him.  That's it.
I encourage you today to lay out your troubles to the Lord today.  Allow Him to be your strength and refuge today and everyday!  May you find peace, joy, and love in His arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment