Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sin that So easily Entangles.....

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us," Hebrews 12:1


Man, did I need to hear this one!  I have really been praying and actively seeking to do better on time management at home.  My at home business is booming and I love it so much I could work all day on it.  I have to watch the clock and no allow my home and family to suffer while lost in a time warp of work.  God laid this verse out before me yesterday, and I knew it was a confirmation for me in my life right now.
Yet, your challenge before you may not be time management.  You may be finding it hard to have quiet time with the Lord every day because of the daily snares that "entangle" your time and energy.  You may be finding it hard to attend church on Sundays or Wednesdays because other things in your life seem to get in the way.  You may be disobeying God by not serving in the church as He desires because you think you have too much on your plate.  Or you may be struggling with a sin that you still have no confessed and is, therefore, keeping you from serving God the way you should.  Whatever your snares are, I pray that you will meditate over this verse this week and pray for God's help in "throw(ing) off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles."


Dear Lord, thank you for your everlasting love.  Thank you for always loving and longing for us when we seem so far away from your will.  I pray that you will help me cast off all the things that keep my mind, my time, and my energy away from you and your will.  Help me to persevere in the race of life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment