Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Is there Peace in your home?

The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.  Psalms 29:11

I will be honest and say that the mornings around our house can be quite stressful.  Though none of us are morning people, little has to be said to create a wake of chaos and short tempers.  From the missing homework to the spilt coffee to the empty tank of gas in the car on the way to school, little interruptions can cause a great stress in our house.
Too many times I have found myself taking a big sigh of relief after dropping my daughter off at school and entering a quiet house.  Then the guilt sets in.  I want my daughter or my husband to go off to school or work with a peaceful heart not the echoes of the stress of our morning.  
I am so thankful for Christ's example of a peaceful heart.  I recall in Matthew when Jesus went up to Gethsemane to pray that he left the disciples behind to keep watch.  After finding them asleep instead, Jesus did not lash out at them with a short temper or inflict his own stress upon them.  While I am positive he was disappointed in their actions and probably even a little frustrated, He showed grace.  
When is the last time I showed grace to my own family in the midst of my own frustrations or stress? 

Dear Lord, thank you for the grace that you show me each day.  I pray that I show grace to my family in the midst of my own stress or frustrations.  I pray that our house be filled with your peace.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment