Friday, September 4, 2015

The day of my Salvation......

"I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."  Isaiah 61:10

I know the day of my salvation.  I was just 10 years old in the middle of a revival at my home church.  I remember crying and not understanding why I am crying.  Yet I also remember a peace washing over me.  I remember feeling like I had been clothed with garments of salvation as he wrapped his arms around me.  
When my daughter was 6 years old, she was saved.  I am so thankful to have that assurance that I will be forever with her in heaven.  I am so thankful that Jesus is in her heart.  I am thankful she can proclaim: "God's got me."  
I've had a couple of friends whose children have gone far too early to be with the Lord.  My mind cannot fathom that pain, that heartache, that loss; yet my heart is exceedingly glad that I will see those children again because I know who lived in their hearts.  I delight greatly in the Lord.  
Isaiah 61:10 gives me peace when I read it.  This verse assures me of His great love for me.  The God of all creation loves me.  The God who rescues the lost loves me.  The God who created the land and the sea loves me.  The God who heals the brokenhearted loves me.  The God of forgiveness loves even me.

Dear Lord, I am so thankful for your love, your grace, and your mercy.  I am grateful for your garments of salvation and I pray for all my friends who do not have the assurance of salvation today.  I pray you use me as a witness for you, O Lord.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment