Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Is Your Busyness keeping you from His Peace?

“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3

I am guilty.  I allow my busyness to consume me.  I am guilty of being caught up in every"thing" that takes up my time.  I realize I have the same 24 hours that everyone else has yet I seem to squander mine with unfulfilling activities.  I am guilty of spending too much time on social media.  I get sucked in so easily.  I jump on to take care of business or look at my own Facebook wall and get sucked in to everyone else's stories, lives, posts, and even the drama.  I become so consumed that what I thought would take 20 minutes actually lasts an hour.  My mind strayed away.  I did not stay focused.  
Then there are all the extra activities of our days.  From volleyball practices to doctor appointments to orthodontist visits, often our days are full of extra stuff.  I often feel rushed in getting dinner on the table, baths taken, and everyone in bed by 10pm.  Where did my day go?  I often feel overwhelmed and exhausted by the end of the day. 
The peace that God so freely gives to me is layered under all my piles of "stuff."  It takes me removing my own self-inflicted stuff that has made room in my life to find that peace that I've been trying so hard to find.  Yet, Isaiah tells me I need to keep my mind on Him!  My focus should be on the Lord.  My thoughts should be more of Him and less of Me!

Dear Lord, thank you so much for your perfect peace.  Help me to stay focused on You and what you have in store for me each day.  May my thoughts be more of YOU and less of Me!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment